The establishment of the Center of Excellence for Advanced Materials and Sensing Devices (CEMS) is based on the identification of research units with related expertise in research, development and applications of novel materials and devices. The primary and shared objective of the Center will be synthesis of advanced materials and structures, particularly those that can be applied in other domains of basic and applied science, thus catalyzing innovation, transfer of technologies and enhancing capabilities in instrumentation and human resources. The center will assemble the efforts, integrate expertise and promote interdisciplinary research by four key research units: a) photonics and quantum optics, b) graphene and related 2D structures, c) new functional materials, d) ion beam physics and technology. The envisaged research programme is based on the past successful research within the groups of Ruđer Bošković Institute, Institute of physics and their partner institutions.
- First demonstration of quantum communication among three states Sunday August 8th, 2021
- Objavljen rad u časopisu Applied Surface Science te prijavljen patent Friday February 26th, 2021
- A trusted node-free eight-user metropolitan quantum communication network, Science Advances, 2 September 2020 Sunday September 6th, 2020
- Award for the best poster presentation Monday March 2nd, 2020
- Participation on “1st Physics or Physicists (P4P) Students Conference” Wednesday December 4th, 2019